8 Multiplayer Games in Which Matches Can Last for Hours
Multiplayer games come in all shapes and sizes, catering to a wide range of gaming preferences. While some multiplayer games offer quick and casual matches, there are those that demand a more serious approach and can keep players engaged for hours on end. These games provide a deep, immersive experience that is perfect for gamers who enjoy long gaming sessions and want to invest their time and effort into a single match. In this article, we will explore eight multiplayer games with matches that can last hours, highlighting their unique features, pros, and cons.
1. Super Mario Party
Super Mario Party is a classic party game that offers a variety of mini-games and board game-style gameplay. Each match consists of multiple rounds, with players taking turns to move around the board, collect stars, and compete in mini-games to earn coins. The game is perfect for lighthearted fun with friends and family, as matches can last several hours without feeling repetitive.
- Pros: Fun and engaging gameplay, suitable for players of all ages, offers a wide variety of mini-games and game modes.
- Cons: Limited replay value, lack of online multiplayer options.
Rust is a multiplayer survival game set in an open world. Players must gather resources, build bases, and fend off enemies, both AI-controlled and other players. Matches in Rust can last for hours as players work together or compete against each other in a persistent and immersive game world.
- Pros: Deep and immersive survival gameplay, dynamic player interactions, allows for both cooperative and competitive play, frequent updates, and new content.
- Cons: Steep learning curve, occasional server issues, can be time-consuming.
3. Victoria 3
Victoria 3 is a grand strategy game set in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Players take on the role of a ruler, managing their nation's economy, politics, and military. Matches in Victoria 3 can span several in-game decades, allowing players to shape the destiny of their country over a long period of time.
- Pros: Deep and complex gameplay, realistic historical setting, extensive customization options for nations, political systems, and economies.
- Cons: Steep learning curve, time-consuming gameplay, requires strategic thinking and planning.
4. Civilization 6
Civilization 6 is a turn-based strategy game where players control a civilization from its early days through to the modern era. Matches in Civilization 6 can be incredibly lengthy as players build cities, research technologies, wage wars, and engage in diplomacy with AI-controlled civilizations.
- Pros: Deep and engaging gameplay, vast replay value, variety of victory conditions, allows for both single-player and multiplayer matches.
- Cons: Matches can become time-consuming, AI can be unpredictable at times, and some gameplay mechanics may feel repetitive.
5. Arma 3
Arma 3 is a military simulation game that offers a realistic and immersive multiplayer experience. Matches in Arma 3 can last for hours as players engage in large-scale battles, complete missions, and cooperate with teammates using authentic military tactics and equipment.
- Pros: Realistic and immersive gameplay, large community and active modding scene, extensive multiplayer options, and game modes.
- Cons: High system requirements, steep learning curve, occasional technical issues.
6. Hearts Of Iron 4
Hearts of Iron 4 is a grand strategy game set during World War II. Players can take control of any nation involved in the conflict and guide their country's military, economy, and diplomacy. Matches in Hearts of Iron 4 can stretch for hours as players plan their strategies and wage war on multiple fronts.
- Pros: Detailed and immersive portrayal of World War II, extensive modding support, strategic depth, and replay value.
- Cons: Complex gameplay mechanics, steep learning curve, some performance issues on lower-end systems.
7. Crusader Kings 3
Crusader Kings 3 is a grand strategy game where players take control of a medieval dynasty and guide its members through political intrigue, warfare, and diplomacy. Matches in Crusader Kings 3 can span several hundred years as players navigate the complexities of feudal society and strive to expand their influence.
- Pros: Deep and engaging gameplay, immersive medieval setting, dynamic character interactions, extensive modding support.
- Cons: Steep learning curve, time-consuming gameplay, occasional AI quirks.
Stellaris is a sci-fi grand strategy game that allows players to explore and conquer the galaxy. Matches in Stellaris can last for hours as players manage their space empire, research technologies, engage in diplomacy, and wage wars with other interstellar civilizations.
- Pros: Vast and immersive game universe, customizable gameplay experience, frequent updates, new content, extensive modding support.
- Cons: Complex gameplay mechanics, steep learning curve, occasional performance issues in late-game stages.
Each of these multiplayer games offers a unique and immersive experience with matches that can last for hours. Whether you prefer lighthearted party games like Super Mario Party or crave the strategic depth of grand strategy titles like Victoria 3 or Crusader Kings 3, there is a game on this list to suit your preferences.
After analyzing user reviews and considering the overall reception of these games, it is clear that Civilization 6 emerges as the best product in terms of its engaging gameplay, extensive replay value, and diverse strategies available to players. However, the final choice ultimately depends on each individual gamer's preferences and desired gaming experience.